The best of Catalonia
Explore Calella, Barcelona, Montserrat (Spain) and Lyon (France) with us!
Dates: Wed. November 27, 2013 – Sun. December 1, 2013
• Travel by executive coach
• 2 nights’ accommodation in Calella, Costa Brava (Spain)
• Breakfast and dinner buffets x2 at H-Top Calella Palace**** in Calella
• Panoramic tour of Barcelona with professional tour guide in English
• 1 night accommodation in Lyon, France (B&B)
• Wine tasting tour
Day 1 (Wed. 11/27/2013)
Depart at 6:30pm from Netzaberg (from the gravel parking lot across from the school) and travel along the motorway by coach to Calella (Costa Brava) in Spain.
Calella, the tourist capital of the Maresme coast, is well-known as being a cosmopolitan and fun town, and enjoys a typical Mediterranean climate. Well located, 50 km from Barcelona, excellent road/rail connections and the possibilities of a varied excursion/leisure activity programme make it the ideal holiday destination.
Day 2 (Thursday, 11/28/2013)
Check into H-Top Calella Palace**** in the afternoon, before spending the evening at your leisure. Now you can visit a local market, walk through the pedestrian zone or enjoy the autumn sun on the beach. Dinner and accommodation in Calella.
Day 3 (Fri. 11/29/2013)
After a breakfast buffet, spend the morning discovering the most important sights of BARCELONA on a 4-hour panoramic city tour in English. Our expert guide will show you the fascinating Catalan capital. Visit the Cathedral and the Gothic quarter, the most beautiful buildings of Antonio Gaudí and his Park Guell, Las Ramblas and much, much more. The late afternoon remain for you to spend as you will in Barcelona. Dinner and accommodation at Hotel Calella Palace in Calella.
Day 4 (Sat. 11/30/2013)
Breakfast buffet at the hotel before setting of for Montserrat. Montserrat (Serrated Mountain), 50km northwest of Barcelona, is a 1236m-high mountain. With the historic Benedictine Monestir de Montserrat, one of Catalonia’s most important shrines, cradled at 725m on its side, it’s the most popular outing from Barcelona. Visit the Basilica, in which you will find the famous Roman statue “La Moreneta” (Black Madonna) from the 12th century.
After 1,5 – 2 hours leave Montserrat to visit one of the most famous wine producers of the Penedes region Freixenet. Visit their vast wine cellars, sample the product and see why this sparkling wine has acquired international fame.
The tour of Caves Freixenet includes:
• An audiovisual exhibit about the history of Freixenet (10 min).
• Guided tour of the winery built in 1922, where you’ll be able to learn about the cava-making process and how to serve and store it.
• Tour of the winery dating from the 1970s and 80s on a miniature train.
• A glass of cava (grape juice for children) and the opportunity to taste other products from the range as well as different snacks.
• Visit to the shop “Dolors Ferrer by Freixenet”, where you’ll be able to choose products from different regions of the world as well as a wide range of merchandise associated with the Freixenet brand.
Length of tour: 1 hour 30 minutes approximately.
Continue on to LYON in FRANCE in the early afternoon. In the evening check into our partner hotel in Lyon, France (the name of the hotel will be confirmed in good time).
Day 5 (Sun. 12/01/2013)
After a breakfast, spend the morning discovering the most important sights of Lyon (without tour guide). At 12:30 -1 pm continue on to Netzaberg. Estimated arrival time: 10 pm.
Prices: €269 per adult (double occupancy), €135 per child (3-11), €0 per child under 3
Registration deadline: November 13, 2013
Departure: 6:30 p.m., 11/27/13 from Netzaberg
Arrival: 10 p.m., 12/01/2013
Minimum number of passengers to make the trip happen: 30 adults
How to book this trip:
1. Fill out the pre-registration form found here https://
Note: Pre-registering does not guarantee your seat on the trip. Please be sure to contact us to pay for your seat as soon as possible!
2. Message the page to arrange an appointment to pay and confirm your seat.